This page is the jumping off point to other blog posts on this website.
See the Weird Homeopathy introductory post to find out what all this is about.
We decided to start gathering and documenting the weird homeopathic remedies available for sale. We’ll describe the bizarre ingredients and, in particular, the even more bizarre conclusions drawn by homeopaths from their “provings“.
This list will grow over time (we’re pretty sure of that!). If you find any more, let us know. Also, if you would like to submit a “guest post”, let us know.
- Berlin Wall: I think you can work out what this once is made from. Suffering from TERROR? Well, this is the stuff you need then. Worth a read just for the comments from our pet troll.
- Colour remedies and astrology: Yes, they are linked. By chakras.
- Light of Saturn: the provers got seriously stoned. It’s potent stuff.
- Light of Venus: “made from the focussed light of the planet Venus”. Cures “spaced outness”. Obviously. What else would it cure?. Update: the homeopath who performed the proving has responded!
- Neptunium: homeopaths attempt a blinded/placebo controlled proving. Unfortunately the placebo produces the same symptoms as the remedy….so, obviously, the remedy must have leaked. Guest post by Rob Hinkley. Update: the homeopath who performed the proving has responded!
- Oscillococcinum – made from a bacteria that doesn’t appear to exist.
- Positronium: “prepared from the Annihilation Radiation of Positronium”. Having “dreams of toilets & shit”? Then you need this.
- Shipwreck: A remedy made from a bit of wood taken from The Helvetia shipwreck, Rhossili Bay, The Gower, Wales. A must read to discover the most bonkers conclusion drawn from a homeopathic proving, ever.
- Thunderstorm: A remedy created by putting a bottle outside during a thunderstorm.
- Water: Yes, water. You can dilute water with water and make it the most powerful water in the Universe. Guest post by Rob Hinkley
- Water: Yes, more water. This time from different oceans and rivers from around the world. Guest post by Fernando Frias.